View Single Post
Old 03-07-07, 11:59 AM
Nermal

Bikes: Giant Cypress SX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Stapfam, we just might have a winner here. I'll delve into it more this evening, but if it doesn't look like it fits, there are still the women's specific frames. Best of all, we have a local Giant dealer, and that is the only shop in town (small town) that I deal with. The other has Trek. I would be embarassed to drag a trek into Haven's Bikes for service, and the other shop seems less interested in what they're doing than the average Wal-Mart People Greater. I'm funny about stuff like that. I take your point on bikes with standover clearance for me being too small in other respects. My Giant Cypress now sports a quill/stem 23mm longer than standard, and it's still not perfect. Thanks for the help.

East Hill, I actually did look at the Terrys. Logistic concerns about having two different size tubes to lug around was one point, and still, for the tire width I think I want, the nod still goes to the 700s.