View Single Post
Old 03-08-07, 01:02 PM
DC Bruz
Red Headed Step Child

Bikes: Cytek Frame - Fuji Newest 1.0 Components minus wheels and breaks.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The 2006/07 Criterium Season

Hey All,
Well for Australia the 2006/07 Criterium Season is drawing to an end. With only a few races to go the competition could either get really fierce or really dull. However now, more than ever, would be the best time to look back on how we all did.

Personally this was my first season and, I must admit, it was very successful. I start off at St. Kilda CC in D grade and was far from competitive. It wasn’t until 4 – 5 races in that I got my first placing. Awesome day. I only recently, I think, that I got my first win after numerous more place results. The other night I got a nice little SMS from the SKCC secretary that I was being put into C grade because I was doing so well. I’m looking forward to it because word is the leap isn’t too difficult.

A few months after I started racing once a week wasn’t enough. I headed down to Footscray who, thankfully, raced twice a week. I started off in D grade there too but quickly moved up to C. The extra couple of races a week really helped me get into the swing of things. A couple of wins in, a couple of successful group break aways, and again plenty of place results I was put into B grade. That was tonight. Saturday is the last Criterium race down at Footscray and my first B grade race. I’ve got no idea what to expect. Time shall tell.

Anyway, that’s my report for this season. Plenty of good results and grade increases has left my really pleased with how I did. Now it’s your turn.

How’d you guys do?