Old 03-08-07, 01:36 PM
jcm
Gemutlichkeit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by centexwoody
Mariner Fan: where on the saddle are those widths measured? I did the cardboard-in-the-chair test to see the width of my ischials and came up with a 10.5 - 11.5 width center to center. But the relationship of that distance to the 'widths' you post is unclear to me...

thnx,
Outside edge to outside edge.

A little considered fact:

The relationship of your ischials to saddle width should include the fact that there is a steel frame under the rear of the saddle. It is about 1/2" wide and you cannot break that thing in - no matter what. Thus, your ischials need to be inside that frame, resting on leather.

Your ischials come with their own padding as well. So, figure that the points are surrounded by an area about the size of a 50cent piece of flesh. Get most of that inside the steel frame and you're good to go long almost right out of the box. The people I have fitted like this are very grateful converts.

Bottom line, with no intended pun, is that many people try a Brooks and don't have a clue that they are trying to bend steel. They are actually sitting on the rivets, or, on the outside edge. This can be excruciating.