View Single Post
Old 03-08-07, 11:36 PM
BikeManDan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soreyes
Scott AT-4. I bought them from performance or nashbar around 1990. It turns out that they didn't lead me into a sponsored pro career, but they do offer some comfortable position options for commuting and touring. I don't think they are extremely light, but they are aluminum. They are an odd slice of mtb gadget history. I will probably keep them in use for a long time to come. At the time I got them, Scott also offered AT-2 and AT-3 models which both had slightly less degree of bend.

I wouldn't have thought that they are still available outside of ebay / craigslist, but who knows.

The rubber grips that I have on the bike are sort of decomposing. When the grips finally quit, I plan to wrap the bars with bar tape them all the way into the brake levers. The transition from the rubber grips to the bar tape is currently a little uncomfortable.
Thanks for the info! I really like the shape of them. Trekking bars are similar and I like them but with these they're almost like built in aero bars (sometimes I just want to put my hands close and out front like that)