Old 03-10-07, 01:39 AM
skanking biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have mixed feelings on this one. Certainly I have seen, experience my share of traffic incidents due to cell phone behavior and i have ssen the studies comparing it w/ drunk driving. On the other hand, I don't see how the act of dailign a cellphoneis any differnet than changing the radio station, messing w/ your ipod, etc. As far as the talking goes, I don't see how talking ona cell phone is any different thna arguing w/ your spouse in the passenger seat or yelling at your unruly children in the back---all of these are distracting. I'm all about punishing people who injure others as a result of inattentive driving---whatever the cause of the inattentiveness. But I do not agree with the government prohibiting people from taling on the phone in the first instance. With the right hands free software/hardware and voice activated dailing, I beleive one can drive responsibly and talk on the phone just as one can drive responsibly and carry ona covnersation with a passenger. Just my 2 cents.