DrBenway
Senor Wences

Bikes: IRO Mark V, Specialized Stumpy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iherald
I think someone should call up our friend and the members of the media and suggesting everyone go for a little bike ride, and I'll drive the car that t-bones him. "oh, you're right, it's not safe..."
Oh I can make the media bit happen if everyone's down for the rest

The thing that burns me the most about this is that it's now just basically given license to all of those a$$hats that have cyclists in their sites to continue and step it up. After all, a city representative just said they're right! What a dangerous example to set. And what with the worlds coming next year, I think it's time to step up the pressure. The timing's perfect. Can you imagine if we could by next summer organize a "million bike roll" through the streets of Toronto. That oughtta send a message. And I think making this turning point a positive thing by using overwhelming presence and civil disobedience is the way to go rather than have to watch another cyclist be killed to affect change.

Of course we'll need to stretch first, and I do propose we work out the kinks on a ride to Wingporium.

Last edited by DrBenway; 03-10-07 at 09:49 AM.