Old 02-11-04, 06:32 PM
iamlucky13
Footballus vita est

Bikes: Trek 4500, Kona Dawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Gwhunt - I've never read dirt-rag, but I'm sure there's far more good stuff in there than bad. I'd suggest you offer to let your parents preview it before you read it. That will give them a chance to discuss why they disagree with anything in the magazine, or to simply tear out any pages they really don't like, which will probably be less than one per issue. It won't take long before they stop worrying about the magazine. Your parents might debate whether or not you're mature to be exposed to risque images, but you're definitely mature enough to discuss issues with your parents and reach a compromise.

For everyone else - Come on guys, remember being in the teens? Heck, what about now? I doubt are you going to tell me that showing that much skin doesn't inspire any thoughts about sex. Most of you have already suggested so.

Ggwhunt's parents obviously have a particular view about the place of sex in this world, and are trying to lead him to the same type of view. Without being really philosophical, the practice of displaying and viewing images that arouse thoughts of sex conflicts with the view of sex as being being properly shared exclusively and privately by a couple. I know that's not really the popular view of sex lately, but that's another argument. The 2 main point are, it doesn't aid him in leading a chaste life and the point Allen H already made about it being his parents' decision.