View Single Post
Old 03-11-07, 10:02 PM
Nermal

Bikes: Giant Cypress SX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Sure hope you're right, Dnvrfox. That SCR seems limited to the UK, and I ended up with REI's Randonee. Seems decent, and has gearing that could pull stumps, and I mean uphill. I'm having trouble adjusting to the drop style handlbars with STI shifters, but today is day, so that's not unexpected.

Great crew at REI, by the way. I called for availability on Friday. They had the smallest size, but not assembled, and they simply didn't do that on Saturdays. I went down, mentioned something about the 187 mile trip Farmington to Alb, and darn if the didn't get it ready. Good pricing too. In addition to the usual member discount, there was a 20% extra, I believe on anything in the store, but only for one purchase, or something like that.

I do wish they hadn't let Igor torque the peda, and I really don't want them to be unhappy.ls down with a 4' cheater bar. I can't get them off to change them out. This is a job for the LBS

EDIT because the final makes no sense, at least to me. Anyhow, I can't get the pedals out to install the SPDs that I haven't bought yet. For this reason, I definately hope the LBS isn't unhappy about the sale going to REI. At least it is not a brand carried by a local competitor.

Good research. 41cm might even be too small for me, but sure looks good, especially at the price.

Last edited by Nermal; 03-12-07 at 10:11 AM.