Old 03-11-07, 10:06 PM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slagjumper
I figured that in a small area like this has a fairly close knit character. The chiefs of business would have access to the government officials and the economic development director of course at least half the elected officials would be in church on Sunday.

Business organization directors often own a business themselves or have interests in a particular group of industries. Could there be other reasons for them to say no? Hate to ask but are you reasonably sure that the conversation between the EDD and elected officials even happened?

Are there any major road builds planned for the area? Could be that they have something on the drawing board and don't want to deal with changing the plan. They'd rather not even talk about change until it is too late where change would be much more difficult.

Seems like they could at least give you some kind or reason to refuse the presentation. Even if they said something like, "we don't have the money", "we have other priorities", or "we dont have the time", etc,
I do not know if there any roadway project plans in the works in North Sioux right now. No I am not sure if the conversation between the economic development director & the council even took place. I may not have.

Should I ask for a reason why they do not want to pursue this at this time? Would you?