View Single Post
Old 03-13-07, 11:46 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Jppe.

Glad you have got an entry and by some of the comments- Some of the rest of the forum are glad you got and entry- Instead of them. I know I am new to road biking but 3 hours at 6 to 8MPH on a 10% hill would take it out of a lot of us- Me included- My 100 miler is taken at an average of 9MPH but then I don't have much Tarmac under the wheels.

For the rest of us- If you are into distance riding- then 100miles is not a long way- Two long rides strung together. It does take training but how many of you are up to riding your age this year? How many will extend that to a metric century? If you do not do distance- with the effort you put in then you are on a par with some of us that do. Now when it comes to speed riding- Forget it for me. I get up to 18mph and the after an hour- I want to go home. Cut that down to 14/15 and I will still be there 6 hours later. Then offroad- Providing I can keep moving and I don't walk the hills- I do not need any more than that.

So we have a new date for a Group forum ride. 11th June for a Virtual ride on jppe's century- So we can all participate in sweating and straining up those hills. S*d it- I am on holiday on that date- Preparing for my bike ride so it it is already marked on the calendar.

Spike Milligan