thebankman
Stooge

Bikes: one of each

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alex Z1000 rims - blessed by God

At first I thought the ultra-low-grade Alex Z-1000/generic spoke wheels that came on my Crossroads were not going to hold up very well...After having them for a year, they're probably the most reliable wheels anyone could ask for.

Facts:
I'm well over 200 lbs
Wheels regularly hop curbs, hit pot holes, and the front comes down from wheelies many times each ride
Wheels ridden at least once a week for past year and a half, also during rainy season
One rear spoke was broken (from abuse) and professionally replaced
Abused- I nearly never clean them, never true them until they're completely out of whack (which almost never happens), and sometimes whack the spokes on solid objects

Final proof: someone "doored" me with a car door recently, I avoided it but forgot the front alex rim I had tied to my bag which caught the door and pulled the door the wrong way! After getting home, I thought the rim, spokes or both were destroyed. Not only was nothing broken or dented, but the wheel was still true. You can't ask for a more solid wheel. Put a cloth rim strip in it and it'll work without complaints.