View Single Post
Old 03-13-07, 01:32 PM
Alekhine
1. e4 Nf6

Bikes: Mercian KoM with Rohloff, Bike Friday NWT, Pogliaghi Italcorse (1979)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ziemas
Go find someone else to have your petty internet arguments with.
About the best response possible. Succinct, to the point, pulls no punches about what he's here for, and wastes virtually no time on him.

for Ziemas.

Anyway...back to our regular scheduled programming and a little caveat to what I wrote earlier about telecommuting:

The telecommunicating thing is ideal not just for car-free, but for anyone. It occurred to me that it could be taken that I was implying in my post that it's good especially for car-free folk, but it's equally good for anyone as far as taking out part of the pain in the arse of the job - namely all the time you waste getting ready for being in public and all the time spent getting there, which for a cyclist may be the best part of the day, but I think it's generally better to save that time for later and ride where you want instead of to the same static spot (especially your job) and back every day.

In my work, except for weekends when I teach, I spend no time getting myself "ready" for work, I am usually up and working at 4:00 a.m., and I'm done by noon or 1:00 p.m. instead of doing a 9:00 to 5:00 or an all-nighter, which gives me the best part of the day (when the sun is shining!) to ride wherever I like at the end of my workday. I can think of no more ideal work schedule for a cycling fanatic. Speaking of which...