SpiderMike
eert a ekil yzarc

Bikes: many bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oopfoo
Funny that you're saying that. My racing weight was around 160lbs. At 6'3", that was a bit skinny, especially since most of the weight was in my quads and calves (match sprinter, here).

Of course, now that I'm 240 lbs, my wife says if I lose 40 lbs, that will be TOO much. I've tried to persuade her by mentioning the *ahem* improved endurance, but she hasn't yet been swayed. I think she's afraid that I'm trying to get back to my earlier form, even though at 37, it's pretty darn unlikely.

Any suggestions?
You a "tree trunk" too? At least that is what some called me. Never raced, but was mostly leg growing up. Time to time there was a gut in there too.

The other day I told my wife where I am at weight wise. I told her how I seemed to have hit a dead end on the loss dept. She used some really nice tact. "Well maybe you just gained a lot of mucle mass since you were last under 200".

Along with watching what I'm eating, I have been watching portion size, cutting back on the Dr. Pepper and Beer. And most of all spending a lot of time on the saddle spinning like crazy. That is how I have gotten to where I am at now.