Old 03-15-07, 04:37 PM
james_swift
All ur bike r belong Enki

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hulagun
James, thanks for this . Sorry for tardy reply. Looking at the bike in person finally I see it may be possible to space the sprocket inside the crank spider by as much as 6 mm... but it'd get really close to the stay.

Looks like the rear fork width is 132.5mm (approx).

I'm not fixed on a track-width hub (pun intentional ) so I am gonna pursue a 135mm rear hub. Another buddy already says he wants to buy my OEM derailleur and wheel set. If he is serious, that would help finance upgraded wheels/ fixed hub.
Just to forewarn you about communications with Peter....it takes a while (sometimes a long while) for him to reply, but he eventually always does. He has his hands full with all the custom builds and all other responsibilities that go with running the business.

If you can't wait that long, aebike.com can build you a custom fixed wheel (where I got mine), and I also read that irocycle.com did a custom fixed rear wheel for a Swift reviewed on commutebybike.com around a 135mm fixed MTB hub with 52mm chainline (which should match the stock front chainline). After shopping around, Peter did eventually quote me the best price, but my impatience got the better of me.