DrPete 
Dirt-riding heretic

Bikes: Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by El Diablo Rojo
Agreed. However if you are using an B or a C race for training and using your PM that's one thing. For an A race that I go into with every intention of winning I'll do that with my sharpest weapon. If it includes a lot of climbing I'm using my KOM's if it's flat or rolling I'll use the Stratus. Race bike with KOM's=15.8#, bike with Startus=16.3#,bike with PT 17.5#.
I'm still debating this. I'm really happy with the way my PT SL/RR 1.1 rides, and in fact it's a little comfier ride than the Fulcrum 1 in the back. The weight difference is something like 300g. I have every intention of duking it out for the win this Sunday in my "A" race.

If I had a pair of non-powertap Zipp 404's lying around I'd say it's a no-brainer and take the PT off the back. But I'm just not sure if it's worth it to throw the Fulcrum 1 on the back or not. I'm leaning toward having the data from the PT and keeping the Fulcrum 1 up front.

Guess I'm just not sure how much of a performance advantage there would be, if any. There would be the "these are my race wheels" placebo effect, though.