View Single Post
Old 03-16-07, 02:08 PM
Hambone

Bikes: GT Edge for the road/Specialized Hopper (well the frame and the bb, everything else is new) for the dirt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
That's an issue with bibs, Stretch the front down and pull the bits up and over and you can drain to your hearts content!
Mindfull of this, some brands have higher fronts than others. And when you are doing this, it helps if you kind of shrug and bend at the waist.

Truth be told, the discomfort of having to pee in bibs is such a small fraction of the additional comfort they provide on the ride that this would never stop me from wearing bibs. Just the fact that I never have to worry about anybody behind me getting a little extra view of my... bacon... well, that is enough.

On a real concreate note: I was always a discount Nashbar/Perofrmance on sale kind of bib purchaser. If they were more than $50, I waited.

Santa brought me a pair of Pearl Izumi's. I told Santa I didn't want to get used to the better bibs. SO I hadn't worn them.

Yesterday everythign else was dirty. So I pulled them out. Like butter. Holy cow they are comfy!
Slice UltraSensor® Bib Short #0186

This could be a costly learning eperience.

<edit>
I should have included, I hav ethe XXL. I am 6'2". I wear a 42" pant. (Like most fat guys, I wear them on the hips so this is not really a waist measurment.) YMMV...

Did I mention they are really comfy?

Oh, and I don't mind wearing cycle shorts in public anymore. I work at a religious institution, so I was super self-conscious when I started riding to work everyday. They are kind of immodest. So, at first I wore sweats/sweat shorts over them. After a few weeks I stopped doing that and didn't even realise I wasn't covering up.