Old 03-17-07, 12:56 PM
patc
Dubito ergo sum.

Bikes: Bessie.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There have been issues on A&S since I joined BF.net two years ago. Shutting down the forum won't solve the problem (though it may give the mods a much needed break). You need to either get rid of the problem users, or discipline problem users in a way that is effective and visible.

Locking threads and/or removing problem posts does not tell anyone *exactly* what behavior was out of line, and that such behavior won't be tolerated. Locking threads (or the forum) punishes all contributors for the actions of a few, while allowing the guilty to continue misbehaving in other threads.

I know many will say that I just can't stand to have people disagree with me - so be it. Truth is that there are both users I do and do not agree with but still think are problem users. Instead of showing contempt to all A&S posters by locking threads (or the forum), these problem people and problem behaviors need to be dealt with. Current policies are only enabling the behavior.

I am not posting this to be contrary. I have been frustrated by the inability to discuss anything of meaning in the A&S forum. Due to a change in government, my city may never adopt its "Draft Cycling Master Plan", may drop Can-Bike classes, see its cycling advocacy group shut down, and further decrease public consultation on transport issues. I have no intention of discussing any of these thing on A&S as it stands.