View Single Post
Old 03-17-07, 06:42 PM
Gotte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium
Oh, gosh, we are so stupid. Or maybe you should be asking yourself why you are asking stupid questions about nutrition rather than focusing on how you'll deal with being unprepared for your upcoming tour.

Perhaps, you want some "magic beans". If only some one will just tell you to take some pills, you won't have to think about how miserable you are going to feel from trying to ride farther than you are accustomed.

Now listen closely, whenever I used to get "all fretful" over an upcoming ride, I would quaff a few flagons of ale directly before retiring. Perhaps you should avail yourself to a similar strategy, but extend the time frame for several days.

There you go - old boy, now get on with it...... Cherrio !

My humblest appology, my friend, if you misunderstand my tone. My comments were not supposed to be anything other than self-depreciating, as I had hoped the bracketed bit would suggest to anyone. I also hoped that I'd pointed out that "unpreparedness" is not really what I was talking about. But that's obviously all blah-de-blah to you.
But even if you did simply misiterpreted my tone, I have to say, your reply was totally uncalled for. It was aggressive and patronising and betrayed nothing more than your unhelpfulness and inadequacy in social discourse. Perhaps you have mistaken me for someone who ran over your cat, or bullied you once at school. Believe me, I am not that chap, just a fellow cyclist asking other fellow cyclist for info on dietry suppliments to help me maximise my performance.

Tell you what, I'll explore Danno and Univega's helpful suggestions - thank you both, by the way, I will definately check it out - and you and me, well, let's just close our eyes now and go to a golden place where we are all friends and help each other. Most other people seem to be there already. It seems a shame for us to ruin the tone with this chargrin.

But then again, for all my reaching out across the divide, I have to say, perhaps next time, if you have nothing constructive to bring to anyone's table, you should just ignore the post. Iin fact, it's probably best that you just ignore any of my further posts. I don't want to feel guilty about fueling your misanthropy. Let's face it, anyone who uses the term "Now listen closely" to a complete stranger need to take a few steps back. It isn't healthy.

Last edited by Gotte; 03-17-07 at 07:18 PM.