View Single Post
Old 02-19-04, 03:40 AM
nathank
cycle-powered

Bikes: '02 Specialized FSR, '03 RM Slayer, '99 Raleigh R700, '97 Norco hartail, '89 Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bruco
As a matter of coincidence, Leiden is where I work. The commute has been reduced to 5km when we moved to a town nearby. I am clocking my miles now on 'dedicated' training rides.
cool! it's a cool university town, huh? i was visiting a friend i had met in Chamonix (Paul de Boaer - hm, i should contact him again...) and my ex-girlfriend and i rented a Dutch tandem (man was that a HEAVY beast) and one day rode down to the beach... not sure, Paul was our guide and we rode LOTS but i didn't pay much attention to the routes... oh, we rode by the Heinicken brewery...

i did visit the old Roman tower or whatever that is (have some pictures there) as well as the bar right there. i did not previoulsy know the Romans had been SO far north.

you should come down and do some MTBing the Alps with us! we're going to be 4 days in Lake Garda Italy for the Bike Festival and Marathon (104km 3600meters climbing) May 1st weekend.