View Single Post
Old 03-20-07, 09:43 AM
Guitarman33

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am another newbie to the forums as well and am very impressed with the wealth of knowledge and commraderie here! I am 27 6'1" and am currently 260 lbs - ouch!! I was an avid biker all my life until 6 years ago when i got divorced changed careers and went to grad. school and just let all excercise fall by the wayside but kept up my same eating habits. Over the weekend i bought a new bike (dual suspension as my old bike is a 11+ year old hard tail), downloaded the diet power software based on a recommendation here and have put in a couple of short (5 mile) rides to get my rear end used to the seat. My first goal is just to feel better which is already happening after 4 days of cutting back on soda and drinking way more water. My second goal is to be 210 lbs by September and then to go from there as far as moving towards my BMI target weight of 185 which i think may be too low for me. Anyway - thank you for having such an open an motivating forum and for getting me to rekindle my love with bicycles!!!

Mike