Old 02-22-04, 02:42 PM
KleinMp99
New to bikeforùms.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pcsanity1
I personally have to say...with that test ride policy, I will not even talk to the shop. They want you to test drive it in the most dangerous possible location, not! As for the 5k issue, a bike is a small ticket item compared to an automobile. Can you imagine a car dealer saying you can test drive it around the parking lot!

Find a new shop...quick.

Wow.....

Yea maybe that shop should start letting everybody take a test ride on muddy trails and downhill and stuff. Then they could have the opportunity of washing all the bikes, cleaning the tires off and making the bike look new. Maybe dealing with bikes that come back with scratches....and then having to take money off the price of the bike when somebody asks about it.

What kind of test ride were you looking to take the bike on? If you were 95% set on one bike, you liked the price and looks and components and everything, then I could see you wanting to take the bike out on a real test ride on trails or something. But if it was a bike you were "looking at" and had other bikes in mind then why should they let you take it out and really ride it? I am sure you could have talked one of the sales people into riding with you if you wanted to go hop a few curbs or ride up some hills or something, or ride
it on something other than pavement. It dosent sound like you even gave the guy a chance, "ok i'll buy the bike somewhere else".