View Single Post
Old 02-22-04, 07:40 PM
On Tour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help!

LOOKING FOR THE LOCATION OF: "Bicycle City USA".

Like the fabled lost city of "Atlantis", Bicycle City is rumored to be just a myth. A large community, 500,000 strong. Rumored to be hidden somewhere in the mountains of North America, with an almost utopion lifestyle of most everyone riding bicycles for all their transportation, & commuting needs.

I hear there is more oxygen in the air, and the air itself is so much cleaner that people don't feel tired after a hard day's work. It's said the chirping of the birds and insects, can at times seem deafening without the sounds of honking horns, revving engines, squealing tires, and loud mufflers. I understand the lifespan of people living in Bicycle USA, is 20+ years longer, then yours and mine. They lead relatively stress free lives, not like most of the rest of us who rush to & fro in our cars, just to get caught in a traffic jam, due to congestion, or road construction. And not being closed off in a car, they actually speak to each other, as they move about in their daily lives. And the city doesn't have the litter strewn about it that we're so accustomed to seeing in other cities, tossed out of car windows while peole "eat on the go".

Most of the people residing there, are employed in the bicycle industry. They are supposedly light years ahead of us, in bicycle technology. They manufacture bicycles that weigh in the 10-14 lb. range. Yet, they are stronger then any of the titanium, or composite materials you and I are familar with, in our top of the line bikes. Their bicycles are unique in another aspect. They are neither diamond frame, nor recumbent. Yet they have the compactness of the diamond frame, coupled with the complete comfort of a recumbent.

If anyone knows the location of Bicycle City, or has any additional information on Bicycle City that I may have left out, please contact me on this thread.

Serious Replys Only, Please!