danimal
bike parking is free

Bikes: a road bike, a cross bike, and a track bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
have fun, riskus!! -i did this race the last two years as a collegiate B

steve is right....DO NO WORK and just stay with the group until the last climb. (but i've gotta disagree with steve a bit-if a SMALL gap opens on that first climb then no worries, you'll catch back on during/afterr the descent. but if that gap gets big and you can't get back on, enjoy your 50miles of solo training). oh yeah, and remember that after you finish that final climb there's still a few miles of racing left!

when i did this race i found i was okay with two bottles, but a third in your pocket couldn't hurt. for me, a good breakfast a couple hours before, a little snack or maybe a banana while i warmed up, and then one bottle with some cytomax (H20 in the other two bottles) 2 gels, and maybe a clif bar (already out of the package and just loose in my jersey pocket) to grab chunks off occasionally if necessary.

but everybody else is right, don't do anything you haven't done while training, and since you're not used to the heat, a little extra water never hurt (as in, make sure you're hydrated the day before). -also, i always brought a tube, levers and a CO2 cartridge just in case...i never used 'em, but it was good piece of mind.