DreamTheater
Go Pre!

Bikes: Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Three days to ride!

I'm taking off work tomorrow. The weather is looking great for the next three days, and I'll also be off Saturday and Sunday. Looks like temps in the high 70's right through Monday.

I guess I'll try to get in about 130 base miles or more in the next three days. My plan is to get back into racing in mid to late May.

I'm also headed to the bike shop tomorrow to pick up a new bike. I am getting a Trek 1500 in Discovery Channel colors. I am having them upgrade the brakes to Ultegra, and the wheels will be upgraded to Bontrager Race Lites. Also upgrading the stock saddle to a nicer Fizik saddle and added a wireless computer. The frame seems to be pretty nice. It's the Alpha aluminum SLR(Super Light Race) frame which is really strong and light. The drivetrain is full Shimano 105 10 speed right now. My plan is to upgrade this bike a little at a time until I get it up to Dura Ace or Ultegra. I also want to eventually get some FSA carbon bars. I'll post a few pics this weekend. I currently own a Ciocc Italian lugged steel frame with Dura Ace 8-speed and Cane Creek Strados wheels. I just wanted something a little lighter and a little more modern. I guess I have spent about 1,500 dollars with the upgrades and computer.

Hope you all have a great weekend of training and racing. See ya out on the open roads!