Old 03-22-07, 07:53 PM
pj7
On Sabbatical

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
No, for the 5th time (or so), such stats are available.
Then why do you keep saying "more common" and "in most cases" and other such terms that hint at some sort of statistical information?

Similarly, no stats are available that say riding in the bike lane makes you safer, yet that's where you believe you are safer. Why?
I never said I think you are safer there. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SAYING that you are just as safe there. I am a proponent of riding in the bike lane or on the road, whichever is more comfortable and fun for YOU (the person riding).
Shame on you, putting words in my mouth? Now comes the personal attacks again right? I'll save you the time.
I have an IQ below 110.
I have reading comprehension problems.
I have issues with understanding written English.
Did I forget something?

The point is, the stats are not available to tell us either way. Yet we still have to decide where to ride.
Then stop talking like there is information out there "proving" this. I have already stated how you do so.

I spell out my reasons for my choices as best as I can. Of course they're not based in rock solid scientific studies that are not available, so they're easy to knock for not being based in rock solid scientific studies. In the mean time, there are NO reasons specified for believing riding in the bike lane is safer, yet that's where you feel safer. Why?
No, that's where I feel more comfortable and think is funner to ride. But I do think that the shoulder/bike lane is safer to take in most circumstances, which I have already explained, over and over and over and over... god I'm going to vomit.
Shame on you for putting words in my mouth again.
I shall have to smack your hand with a ruler if you do it again.