View Single Post
Old 03-24-07, 07:12 PM
DrWJODonnell
Slow'n'Aero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Davey, the strong guy at the end (who pulled away) was wearing a blue kit. Unfortunately I did not catch his name. The other one I was worried about was the Adler guy whos name is on the tip of my tongue, but (apologies to him) I don't remember (though I would know it if I heard it).

About the upgrade, my understanding is that this series is a training series of sorts as the length of even the P/1/2/3 is only 40 miles (USCF rules require 50 miles for a RR to count towards upgrade points for 3 to 2), so I have been riding them as training races. I have no desire to upgrade soon as NJ has a cup series for cat 3 and one of my goals this season was to contend that cup (along with the TT cup and TT championship). Frankly, it would suck if I was forced to upgrade before I even got to race a single cat 3 cup event.

Having said this, the USCF official today encouraged me to cat up because he said they do count toward the upgrade. Technically in my first three races if this were true, I would have 30 points (need 25) for the upgrade. But this is very early season racing and it would do me no good to upgrade and get shot off the back consistently in P/1/2 races. Besides, around here, most races are p/1/2/3 and so I can race them if I want in any case (thinking about getting some miles in tomorrow morning doing exactly that).

All of this to say, I am not likely to upgrade soon.