View Single Post
Old 01-11-02, 05:36 PM
Dwagenheim
In Banff, AB

Bikes: Cannondale F400, Worksman Trike (customized for hauling)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New user. Great Site!

Hey All.
I am psyched to find a site like this and hope to get more involved.
I am a fairly inexperienced cyclist, but I have big plans. I am cycling from Alaska to Argentina in June 2002. You could say I have an adventurous spirit and I love traveling and experiencing different cultures. Most of my cycling experience has come in the last month and a half on my new Cannondale F400 down here in Miami. I am currently training and getting to know much more about cycling and I haven't been deterred yet. Most of the experienced cyclists I've contacted for tips and suggestions have been extremely helpful and I imagine you guys on Bike Forums are equally accomodating.
Most of my training is done on the road and I am steadily increasing my mileage. Although about once a week I enjoy throwing on the knobbie tires and doing some trail riding for variety and a different work out.
I'll continue my training down here in Miami until the end of January when I have to return to work in Alaska (gotta pay for all the cool accessories somehow). I'll return in May and resume my training until about mid-June when I'll fly up to Prudoe Bay to start the big trip.
As for the big trip, I am currently going it solo, but I would welcome anyone out there to join up for parts.

Anyway, I'm glad there is a site like this online, and hope to get lots out of it as well as contribute.

Cheers,
Dave
www.cyclingtheamericas.org