View Single Post
Old 03-25-07, 07:21 PM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Shaman
Although I love my Actionbent trike... I don't know that their hi-racer would stack up to the other names you've mensioned. It wouldn't take much tweaking to bring it up to snuff but a close look at componentry may just make the difference. Actionbent comes with mid-level components and often have no-name hubs, BB/Crank, and headset combo's. The rest is SRAM/Shimano/Avid... Definitely check the brake options on your list as well.

What part of Oregon are you in? There is a Portland club that has several hi racers (Bachetta's). They do weekly rides that you might want to join as a guest. great people!

BTW... what trike is that in your Avatar?
I'm from Monmouth, and the trike is just a 2004 Cattrike Road with a Velo kit mounted on it. The kit is really a blast to ride, and I can roll it up and toss it in the back of a car in 10 min.

My wife already feels like a cycling widow, so I only get up to Portland occasionally. I figure for purposes of my commute, there won't be much difference between highracers because it's a straight shot with a few rollers. However, handling on loose stuff and climbing is something I'm interested in, so if anything stands out from the field in those respects, I definitely need to take a look.

If I can get a good deal used I will, but the highracer market appears pretty small. The Fujin and Seiran really look intriguing, but they are out of my price range.