tloft
I will choose freewill...

Bikes: Trek 2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Continued STP - packing on the bike

Continuing this thread here, I was curious how most packed for the one day venture (my first STP by the way). I have a post mounted rack and pack that I'm considering using. I bought it when I got ambitious and thought I was going to be able to do more riding with the randonneuring club. Anyhow, in order to carry my on bike nutrition, room to stash a little foul weather gear, etc., I thought it would be prudent. I like to use Cytomax, Clif Shot Bloks, and nuun electrolyte tabs as my primary on-bike nutrition, with plans to graze a little on solid foods at the less busier food stops or at convenience stores. I guess weather will dictate consumption and usage as well as use of rain gear. Is it reasonable for a first timer to take a little more than might be needed, or just stuff a Hefty bag in a jersey pocket in case of rain, and grab-and-go from the food stops/stores in an effort to travel lighter. I have a feeling if I put the rackpack on that I will take advantage of its ample storage and overdo it. I'm thinking of training with the pack on the bike in order to get used to the extra weight and if I decide not to use it, that would be a nice bonus of traveling lighter. Input/thoughts greatly appreciated,

tim