Old 03-30-07, 06:23 PM
ScaryFast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was heading to the dealer tonight to tell them I'll pick up the Marin and decided to hit up another shop I used to deal with long ago. The first guy to approach me was a big guy and I asked about the Kona Hoss Deluxe and he said he didn't have any. I mentioned the Caldera as a backup and he said that's the bike he has (but an older model) and he likes it.

He's 310 pounds and had a custom wheel built for just the rear and said it's been a great bike to him so far. He mentioned something about maybe upgrading the rear hub on his own bike down the road but that's it.

I also mentioned that I don't have any friends who ride now and he said I'm welcome to join him and others he knows that ride a lot. My first bike was purchased from this place(Specialized Hardrock back in the mid 90's), and they sell Kona which I like more than Marin, so I believe I'm sold on the Caldera.

He's going to find out a price on the wheel and call me on Sunday and have the only Caldera in stock built so that I can take a little test ride early in the week. I'm pretty sure I'll end up walking out with at least an invoice but probably a new helmet, new insert for my old clipless shoes, maybe a camelback.

He said the seat on his is fine for him so to start I think I'll stick with that one and see how it is.