Old 03-31-07, 01:55 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by breadbin
I am 108kgs and trying to get to 85kg over the next year. I want to lose the weight by doing more exercise and trying to cut out the sugary processed foods. Everyday though is the same problem. I do fantastically well up til about dinnertime and then it's like I can't stop myself eating. Anything I can get my hands on, toast, ice cream, crisps, chocolate etc on top of my dinner. I thought maybe it might be connected to maybe low blood sugar in the afternoon. According to my doctor my blood sugar is ok. Its a pain in the arse, after doing so well each day it really makes you feel crap after all that. I get on the bike then and try and work it off. If only I could stop myself in the first place. It's only in the evenings too. Does anyone else do this?
Well, I would agree with others, ice cream, crisps and chocolate, can easily be avoided. If it's not in the house, then you will not eat it. Second, get rid of the idiot box, see television is actually boring, so people need something else to do while watching it, so they stuff their faces with all the processed and refined stuff -- the only thing that refining does is remove anything that might be of actual nutritional value -- that is advertised on the TV. If you can't get rid of the TV, get rid of cable, when there are only 3 stations that come in, sort of fuzzy like, then you watch a lot less then when there are 65,536 channels.

So what do you do after supper, well, riding your bike is a good option, especially when the days are longer, play games, go for a walk, bike over to the local playing field and watch a local league ball game, read a book, do some gardening, talk to your neighbours, rediscover tennis or take your clubs to the driving range and hit some balls. Check into that funny noise the bike was making the other day, give it a wash and lube while your at it, fix that broken sun visor in the car, walk the dog, spend an hour in "serious" play with the cat. These are all activities that are hard to do, with food, so you forget to eat more then you should. Having said that, I need to go get some cable ties to better secure the computer to the bike, and fix the sun visior in the car