View Single Post
Old 04-02-07, 11:30 AM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
"Two years ago we downsized from a suburban house to an urban condo and since then it has been easy to walk or use bicycles and city buses for most of my transportation needs. My wife isn't as enthusiastic about biking or riding a bus, but very few 58-year old women are. However, we both walk to appointments and nearby businesses and restaurants regularly, something we could not do at our last house. I am 63 years old and we are both retired and maintain a fairly busy schedule of volunteer activities."

You & your wife may be more normal ,in the not to distand future, than you might think. IMO
more babyboomers will wake up to the very real value of being car free or car light as a way
to live a better life on less money. You wife may come to see that there is real value for her
by leaving the car sit and either walk or ride a bike as that will become the new norm as petrol
runs out.

I've been an avid utility cyclist for years with my wife not being interested. Now that I'm retired
we've slowly adjusted to not having all the responsiblities of a working life slowing down to savor
life at a much slow pace. She now insist that I get her 3speed bike ready first thing in the spring.

Originally Posted by krazygluon
Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?