View Single Post
Old 04-03-07, 08:24 AM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
hey everybody I rode Rock creek park this wknd w/ the wife. A very slow but beautiful ride. Made it to the cherry blossom festival. Awesome. I tend to shy away from crowds but always try to make this event. Weather, while not sunny was good. Blossoms near peak, kites flying everywhere. It was really cool to see hundreds of kites(seriously) in the air with cherry trees and wash monument in the background. WABA parked the bikes for free, good thing because i left my locks at home. If time permits over the next week try and visit. I believe WABA will be parking them again this wknd.

No Racer: bummer about the bike. I have to replace my chain and rear cass SOON. It's really slipping.
derath: really bright red lights. I want to hook up a rear red strobe light and attach to my HUGE battery that drives my headlights. You may not like this but when my kids were young I would wake up on wknds at the crack of dawn and play for 2-3 hours then return to family duties. I usually went mnt bike riding(Patasco is 1 mile from my home) or road riding. It was the best I could do and spent some excess energy.