View Single Post
Old 04-03-07, 09:25 AM
supertj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veloGeezer
this was the fine print of the waiver I signed to join the club I ride with. Pretty much says you fix yours and I'll fix mine....

Fully understand that a) bicycling activities involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including paralysis and death ("Risks"); (b) these risks may be by my own actions, or inactions, or the negligence of the HBC and League of American Bicyclists (LAB), their directors, officers, agents, volunteers, advertisers, sponsors, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises which the bicycling activity takes place, (each considered one of the "Releases" herein); (c)there may be other risks and losses not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such Risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and; Hereby release, and hold harmless, the Releases from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages that may happen to me or my heirs caused by the negligence of the Releases. I further agree that if I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releases, I will pay any litigation expenses, attorney fees, or any cost which may occur as a result of such claim. I have read and fully understand this agreement, and I understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
So interesting, by choosing to ride in a club ride, you're responsible for your own bike damages and nobody elses. I better check my local clubs. Better to know my rights now before an accident does happen.