Old 04-03-07, 11:29 PM
ronjon10

Bikes: IF Club Racer, Bike Friday Pocket Rocket

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Luke1511
Specialized has a series of body geometry saddles that comes in different widths. If you go to a Specialized dealer they will be able to "fit" you for one. An instrument they call the A$$-o-Meter (I couldn't make this up) will measure your sit bones. You'll have to ask them about it as I am sure it not one of their more glamorous duties. That being said....I tried 3 different saddles, stock Felt, Terry liberator, and some other torture device before the Specialized Alias. It is by far the most comfortable saddle I have used with absolutely no "break-in" period. It costs a little more but my can is worth the extra change.
Ha! I had my azz meter session tonight and picked up a Specialized Toupe. My old Terry Liberator was great, but broke down after a couple thousand miles.

The Toupe is definitely (much) harder than the old liberator, but I like that a sit up higher. Much less of a crush factor. Of course, I only got out for 8 miles. We'll see how the 110 miles goes on Saturday. Might be doing the last 40 miles standing