Old 04-04-07, 05:01 AM
rwscull

Bikes: Diamondback Outlook 07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by catatonic
If it's the seatpost clamp you are talking about...I had this problem before....go pick up a seatpost clamp without a quick-release (I assume the Outlook still has a QR seatpost clamp...my old 2003 model did).

Most QR clamps don't compare to the clamping power of a properly made non-QR clamp. You should be able to go back to the bike shop you bought it from and get a really nice one for under $10. The best ones have a rotating threaded stud that the threaded part of the bolt goes into...this reduces stress on the bolt, which will allow for easier adjustment.
It's both the seat post and the seat. The seat is the worst problem. The seat won't stay level. It keeps sliding all the way down in the back which brings up the front of the seat to a most uncomfortable position.
I have the bolts tightened as tight as they will go. They will stip if I try to tighten them any more.
As for the post it is a quick-release so it looks like I will be buying a seatpost with a clamp without the quick-release. But I still need a solution to the seat not staying in place.

Thanks for all the replies.