Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by roadwarrior
Lyle Azado

Mike Webster

Two that come to mind.

This kinda refutes G60's statement. I think, anyway. They probably don't know what they are talking about. There's a little linky thing on the right side of the page about the health consequences of steroid abuse.
Incorrect.

Steroid use has been linked by studies to negative health effects in adolescents and women. But NOT in adult males, according to a rather throrough investigation by HBO's Real Sports. Scientists simply cannot verify these anecdotal claims, and thousands of men have taken large doses of steroids without negative health effects that can be linked to steroids for decades. They even had Lyle Alzedo's oncologist interviewed saying 'I don't know where Lyle got the idea his cancer was linked to his steroid use, I never told him it was'.

This is an entirely separate issue from whether steroids should be allowed in sports. For many reasons they should not be in my view, the biggest negative being the tendency of adolescents (for whom steroids are quite harmful) to emulate their heroes.

As usual, please don't let the facts stand in the way of rampant BF speculation and hype.