Old 04-04-07, 08:29 AM
dalmore
Neat - w/ ice on the side

Bikes: 2005 Dahon Speed TR, 2006 Dahon Mu SL, 2000 GT XiZang, 1999ish Rock Lobster, 2007 Dean Animas CTI

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good points. Thanks to all who responded with tips for additional things one can do to reduce greenhouse emissions.

Couple of points. A) 14% based on global warming potential still means that cars are less responsible fopr global warming than I thought. While that may not represent 14% of greenhouse gas emissions, it's the global warming potential that make greenhouse gas emissions important to most ... I think it's important to get that message across to those concerend about global warming. As a "casual" concerned party, I knew that power plants were the biggest producer but I would have thought cars to be a much larger percentage. Eliminating cars completely really will not do much to stop global warming. We need to be looking at reducing total emissions on the scale of 50 percent and higher, don't you think?

B) It's true that the majorty of potential car owners don't yet own a car. But it's also true that those same people do not have the same level of power plant coverage which accounts for about 21% of global warming potential nor do they have the industrialized agriculture machine which accounts for about 12.5 percent. That 14% figure then might not change all that much since those factors are likely to go hand in hand ...

Just kinda thinking outloud here ...

Change you can believe in - Bigfoot Nessie 08