Old 04-04-07, 02:22 PM
makeinu
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pm124
In NYC? Ha ha ha! I shouldn't curse myself, but I've never seen anyone get ticketed for running a red light. In fact, I ran one yesterday next to a cop on horse (also running the light).

Sanctioned tour leaders will require you to wear a helmet, though.
Yeah, but I've heard stories about cops cracking down at critical mass rides. So I wasn't sure if they would be doing the same here.

I'd like to take my Carryme, but I don't own a bell and I don't even know if I can fit reflectors to the 8" wheels on my Carryme:
Section 1236. Lamps and other equipment on bicycles.
(b) No person shall operate a bicycle unless it is equipped with a bell or other device capable of giving a signal audible for a distance of at least one hundred feet, except that a bicycle shall not be equipped with nor shall any person use upon a bicycle any siren or whistle.
(d) Every new bicycle shall be equipped with reflective tires or, alternately a reflex reflector mounted on the spokes of each wheel, said tires and reflectors to be of types approved by the commissioner. The reflex reflector mounted on the front wheel shall be colorless or amber, and the reflex reflector mounted on the rear wheel shall be colorless or red.