View Single Post
Old 04-05-07, 10:15 AM
supertj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lol 15mph is nothing? doh! Its my first season of cycling ever. I'm 26 and 5'3 weighing 160lbs. I was so proud of myself that I did a 15mph avg pace in an hour of riding. I was cruising at 18-20mph on flats. I'm really seriously thinking of training super hard this summer and getting into competitive cycling.

I know almost nothing about cycling other then I want to return to my glory days of being athletic when I was 18. What is the average mph that champion amateur riders ride? I'm also pondering every day on whether I should be splurging on technologies to help me reach my goal such as having the proper clothes, shoe, Garmin 305 with HR/Cadence, and trainers.

I have the clothes, shoes, and trainer. I'm pondering away day and night on whether to get the Garmin 305 if it would improve my game and continue my interest. The cost of this sport is so expensive .. I think I spent closed to $2k within the last 2 months. I have put on 250+ miles and hours on the trainer and I feel a lot of improvements already.