View Single Post
Old 04-05-07, 03:52 PM
LandLuger
bicyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Pres has the Bully Pulpit; the means to set the agenda. While I realize that his poor poll numbers limits his present effectiveness, I would like to see something more than inspecting a few electric cars on the WH lawn towards furthering the goal of foreign energy independence for our country. Don't assume that I'm some "Kool-aid" drinker looking to bash the pres, I'm just as disappointed in the congress. Furthermore, there have been federal bills passed providing federal funds toward getting more cops on the street. As I've written before, get one person out of the car and it's like getting five people into hybrid electric/gas automobiles. However, so few will take the risk on our roadways that's why I have to come to BF for CF advice. It's ridiculous out on the roads these days; people get away with almost anything and the speed limit isn't a maximum its become a minimum. The few cops that we have left in our city can't be expected to cover a small fraction of the area that is demanded of them. Our department has lost many to the reserves in our nation's effort in the ME. The precious remaining officers are spending more time than ever before dealing with the gangs that migrated north to our city from New Orleans following Katrina.

Sorry to get off on a rant, but I'm just fed up.

Last edited by LandLuger; 04-05-07 at 04:54 PM.