View Single Post
Old 04-05-07, 04:31 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
Just a bit confused? "I was unable to resist after you made a comment on political correctness and used the word gay that way in the same sentence." in what way? and if some people do find it offensive, how is it "rightly so" Please explain?

Gay
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Gay (disambiguation).
LGBT and Queer studies series

LGBT Portal
Gender · *****exuality · Bisexuality · Transgender
LGBT history
Timeline · Gay Liberation · LGBT social movements
Culture
Community · Pride · Drag · Gay slang · Gay village · Queer theory · Religion · Symbols
Law
Marriage · Civil union ·
Adoption · Sodomy law
Categories
This box: view • talk • edit
In contemporary usage, the adjective gay usually refers to *****exual people. In earlier usage, the word meant "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy", though this usage is infrequent today. Gay sometimes also refers to the culture of *****exual individuals, as in "gay history", or to things perceived by others to be typical of gay people, as in "gay music". The word gay is sometimes used to refer to same-sex relationships more generally, as in "gay marriage", although this usage is discouraged by some LGBT supporters: the rationale is that this usage is exclusive of bisexual and transgendered people. While gay applies in some contexts to all *****exual people, the term lesbian is gender-specific: it is used exclusively to describe *****exual women. There is no corresponding word for men, although sometimes "gay" can be used to refer only to men.

The high lighted area above is the only thing I can think of when you mentioned that I "used the word gay that way" but again, we all know what the true definition is, and we all know what it is used for today, even the gay folks! that Gay Krate, even though it was "perceived by others to be typical of gay people" was a hit when I showed it to my daughters best friend, my own best friend, my cousin, my older brothers brother in-law, and my sister....all gay you see its all up to the person your talking to, if they have something to hide, or fear a false definition of a word, then the problems with them