View Single Post
Old 04-06-07, 07:53 PM
moose67

Bikes: Carmel 3 26

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
As a member of the uber-clyde class I can relate to some of Tom's discomforts. With damage to one knee extended walking aggravates it. Being of limited financial assets I was unable to purchase a bike for me so I built one. It's not the lightest thing in the world but I'm able to get the exercise I need. The gearing is not completely right at this point but I'm riding. I know the process of doctors telling you to diet and exercise and I agree. My situation was that after I began my riding and was going at least 5 to 6 days a week I noticed the eating better came naturally. Over the past few weeks I have begun riding more consistently, because of the time change. I have already notice an improvement. I have liphidema in my leg with the knee problems. Walking is great because it pushes the fluid out of the muscle tissue. I now get the same result with riding. One of the nice things about my bike is that being a recumbent and the position I sit in I am getting a workout of my stomach muscles. I am on the journey to lose my weight and go completely off of my blood sugar and blood pressure medication.