Old 04-07-07, 10:06 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Carrying it openly though, just might reduce those "buzzings" by angry motorists

Flip side, it might make the police a bit nervous as well!

EDIT: How about a trunk bag? Put some inserts in it with a sculpted cavity to padd the pistol/scope properly for protection and this should also make for quite a bit of crash protection as well!
Originally Posted by phinney
I knew I couldn't be the only one to do this! It just makes too much sense.

I do have a bandoleer holster that I use for deer hunting but I have to carry concealed on the road. I also want to be able to get some good exercise and I don't think a shoulder holster with enough clothes to conceal this thing would be comfortable on a hard ride. Right now I'm leaning toward a saddlebag and carrying the gun in a holster in the saddlebag. Seems like a rack trunk would ride a little rougher since the contents rest right on the rack rather than being suspended. Maybe a rack trunk with some foam in the bottom? Probably best if I take the gun to a bike shop and try the fit in some different bags.

Not so much road hunting as road spotting. I'm planning on riding until I see a chuck and then stalking to a good spot to take him from. Not a bad way to unwind after work but it will mostly help me get used to hunting with this revolver. I'm probably going to look for the lightest bullets I can find and load them to about the same ballistics as my deer load.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant