View Single Post
Old 04-08-07, 11:16 AM
naisme
Friend of Jimmy K

Bikes: A lot: Raliegh road bike, 3 fixed gears, 2 single speeds, 3 Cannondales, a couple of Schwinns

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The job will be in Rockville, and looking at some of the compare your city it's more expensive than here, I live close to downtown, or what would be called downtown in other cities, I guess. The idea of metro commuting is something that is sort of an adventure. I enjoyed the train ride into Paris from Sens, then ride in Paris all day, and back out at night (it's a great way to see Paris). I figure I've ridden in that traffic, so what could be worse? Boston Circles?

I've been warned about the housing, but there is a new one, my "laid back Midwestern-ness" could cause problems in the go-go-go of DC environs. But I also think about all the stuff I haven't been exposed to being stuck in the Midwest (ie: museums, art, culture, history). We get exposed to it but 6 months after it's been big on either coast and the Go has had their try at it, we're still fading our jeans, and mixing it with Grunge, and call Chicago the "Go" not to mention we'll throw a little metro-emo in just to cover all the bases.

I am still in the consulting friends stage of this. I have till Tuesday to get my resume in.