Old 04-08-07, 10:37 PM
warriortwo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike Nut in Training

Hi All,

I'm brand-spanking new to cycling...35 and have hardly ridden at all in my life. I had the good fortune of going to a "Bike Cafe" in Santa Cruz last fall with a friend, which totally opened my eyes to how much fun this could be.

I still don't have a bike of my own, but have tooled around a little on various models here and there, and I am trying to decide what kind of bike I want to get. I'm taking my time, because I don't have a lot of cash, and I want to make an informed decision. I plan on using my bike for all my transportation needs (getting sick of taking the bus everywhere) and will want to outfit it with a rack for groceries. Not sure if I'll get into any off-road action, and definitely not interested in racing. I'm leaning toward a road bike, possibly a hybrid. VERY curious about fixies, but not sure that's such a great choice for a new rider. Once I get it, I can easily see myself doing most of the repairs and getting into modifications, etc.

Anyway, glad to be here. I have a feeling this could become an obsession very quickly!