View Single Post
Old 04-09-07, 01:47 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PolishGuy
Thanks for all the replys so far. To "wahoonc", a special thanks for the Nutter link. I've seen the Lake Peppin Tour info before and feel that it's a nice change of pace from the "grind yourself or your opponent into the ground" Lycra-clad road race set. Not that there's anything wrong with road racing, triathalons etc but it seems most coverage of anything bicycle in the U.S. revolves around Tour de France type riding. My Raleigh Sports is the mate to a recently aquired Raleigh 20 folder that I will be using on vacation trips. Currently I'm refurbishing a 1982 Univega but am very keen on finding a Raleigh Lenton Clubman in near to original condition as possible. When I find that, the Univega will go. Thanks again, PG.
I haven't been able to "score" a Twenty yet. I do have a mildly modified Compact RSW though My biggest problem is my needing a tall frame. I ride a 62-64cm road bike. most Club bikes were built in the 22" or so range. My Raleigh Superbe is a 23" frame and I still have a decent amount of seat post showing. Due to prior plans I won't be making Lake Pepin this year, but I will be in MSP for the September event...again
I really think that if more people would get the opportunity to ride something similar to an English 3 speed we would see a lot more cyclists on the roads than we currently do.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon