View Single Post
Old 04-11-07, 08:23 PM
boosteddreams

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeZen.org
boosteddreams: Thanks for making my trike buying decision harder! I read about the Scorpion and love the sound of it. I'm particularly impressed with the way the suspension is isolated from the main tube, so pedaling hard doesn't affect it. (That was a niggling concern with my Challenge Seiran.) I also like the sound of seat angle that can change on the fly with a single lever. Is it really as easy as the website describes? I've kind of dreamed about being able to choose a more upright angle in heavy traffic with little shoulder, and a seriously laid-back angle for other riding. With my Seiran, I had to schooch up or down slightly on the seat to get the angle right -- or spend 20 minutes with an Allen wrench!

However, I'm a little concerned about the bike's weight -- on LONG rides, a few extra pounds can really add up. (I weigh 145-150.) What's the Scorpion weigh?
You're welcome. To tip the seat back while riding you just reach back, loosen it, and the weight of your back on the seat pushes it down. To bring it up you have to loosen it, then bring your weight off the back and pull it up. It weighs around 37 lbs. or so according to the site; mine has a rear rack and fenders so it's a bit more. It's definitely worth considering IMO- I'd offer to let you try it out but you're a bit far.
Serena