Old 03-15-04, 02:20 PM
Rdbiker13

Bikes: GT ZR400 w/mavic wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RWTD
Well if I understand you right and each week of the last month you rode that listed schedule as was mentioned you probably didn't taper off enough.I am not one for planning detailed schedules but the last several weeks(particularly the last) is not a good time to be pushing the miles and the day or two before the event you want to totally rest focussing on nutrition.As to weights most do not hit them hard twice a week particularly if also cycling.If hitting legs twice a week you could do one heavy and another light well spaced for recovery but I wouldn't even do this if I was cycling much.Also is the event 150 miles continuous or over two days?

The ride is over 2 days. I did taper off in the last week but not enough,and I make sure to over hydrate days before the ride.Once I get outdoors around here it usually isn't until mid april.I don't weight train all. It's just too much.I use the weights in the winter to build my strength for the road.It's so hard to firgure whats too hard and whats not hard enough. Today I road the stationary upright bike 1hour 10min 25min L9 Rpms 110/118 hill program 25min L10 rpms 110/115 random program then I finish with 20min L11 hill program rpms 110/115 hrt avg 163/174 on the hills finishing after 3min cool down Hrt 138. Then I lift weights for my legs. That is my Mon/Thurs program. I've been making it a level harder on thurs.I'm trying to build more power.