Old 03-15-04, 06:37 PM
Rdbiker13

Bikes: GT ZR400 w/mavic wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RWTD
I think your on the right track based on your last two posts.You do not need to duplicate the event right before I would treat that as a seperate event that needs to be well spaced from the one you are prioritizing.And like you said I don't think you even need to build to the one day total I think the 60-65 would be fine and on a schedule similar to what roadbuzz mentioned.I would also be interested in hearing his or others comments on whether you should be mixing some interval/speed type work into this schedule as I don't really train for speed(though I might start) and you seem to mention doing this on the trainer but not necessarily during spring.

I was thinking about doing some speed training too.I don't know if it will be too much.The days I don't ride hard are my recovery days and if I push my rpms too hard on one of those days i'll be burning the candle at both ends.The only thing I can think of is what if I spin for speed on Mon and recover on Tues. Ride hard intervals on Thurs and recover on Fri. Those are the only four days I have to work with.What do you think?